Judge: Gabrielle Calvocoressi
Prize: $1000 and publication by Hub City Press
Open to all poets who have either never published a full-length collection of poetry, or who have only published one full-length collection, and who currently reside in and have had residency in one or more of the following states for a minimum of 24 consecutive months: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia. (Residency will be verified before prize winner is announced.)
Manuscripts should be between 48-120 pages for this contest. Friends, colleagues, and students of the judge, Gabrielle Calvocoressi, are not eligible. Writers who have published 2 or more full-length collections of poetry or who do not meet the residency requirements are NOT eligible. Manuscripts must be received between January 1, 2019 and April 17, 2019. Judging will take place during the months of April and June 2019 with a winner announced in July 2019. The reading fee for this prize is $25. Hub City Press will publish the winning selection in 2020.
• Simultaneous submissions of the same manuscript to other publishers or contests are acceptable but please notify us by email (email@example.com) if your manuscript has been accepted elsewhere.
• While translations and manuscripts in languages other than English are not acceptable, manuscripts that occasionally use words from other languages are perfectly fine.
• No revisions of submitted manuscripts will be allowed during the contest.
• We ask that you do NOT include a bio or an acknowledgements page with your manuscript since all manuscripts will be read anonymously by our readers, editors, and judge.
• Manuscripts should include one title page with the manuscript’s title only. [NOTE: this has changed since we started accepting online submissions only]